2014-06-25

UK-FOOD [PUB] Asian Pop

Asian Pop
https://www.facebook.com/asiapopfood


They only have 2 main dishes, Okonomiyaki and Wonton. Both of us had Okonomiyaki this time. This type of Japanese pancake has always been my favorite dish. We have it in most night markets in Taiwan and I just can't not buying it when I go to the night market in Zhongli, my home town.


As a pop-up restaurent, you never know where they are going to be next time. When we saw that they are at Crofters Rights, we decided to go right away. Street food with a brilliant craft ale, nothing can be better than this! The display of the Okonomiyaki is nice. But, honestly, as a person who eats Okonomiyaki all the time (even in Japan), their Okonimiyaki is a bit different than the original one. It tastes good, just different. I rekon it's because of the cabbage. I haven't see the same cabbage as the one we use in Taiwan and Japan here in the UK. Neither in Australia. With the British cabbage it's difficult to make exactly same Okonomiyaki as the original one. I totally understand that.

Maybe next time I should choose wonton and see how it goes ha!

沒有留言:

張貼留言